Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Global

Pinay OFW in Kuwait found dead in alleged suicide

admin March 22, 2022

THE Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Tuesday confirmed the death of a Filipina worker based in Kuwait.

The DFA said the female overseas worker was found dead in her room in the Al-Salam Area on March 14.

Police were called to her room after neighbors noticed that she hadn’t come out all morning. Cops had to break open the door to her room to enter it. 

Initial reports state that the manner of death is consistent with suicide.

The DFA, however, said they are still waiting for the results of the forensic examination. 

The Philippine Embassy in Kuwait is closely monitoring the case, according to the DFA.

There are some 241,000 OFWs in Kuwait, according to recent government data. 

The Filipina household service worker (HSW) was found hanging and with a cut in her wrist inside her room, according to a report to the Department of Labor (DoLE).

In a report, dated March 17, Labor Attache to the Middle East Nasser Mustafa identified the overseas worker as Gladys Olarte Fong, a household help for Fahad Naji Ibrahim Alholi, a Kuwaiti.

The report was addressed to Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello 3rd, Undersecretary Claro A. Arellano, Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Administrator Hans Leo Cacdac, and International Labor Affairs Bureau (ILAB) Director Alice Visperas.

Kuwaiti police, who responded to the distress call by the victim’s employer, brought Fong to the hospital but was declared dead on arrival.

“Per report, she was found dead in her room hanging with a cut on her wrist,” Mustafa’s letter read.

Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) records show that Fong was deployed by TMJ International Manpower Services on April 19, 2019 and had been working for the same employer for the past three years.

Mustafa said Fong’s remains were brought to a mortuary for forensic investigation to determine the real cause of her death.

Tags: kuwait ofw

Post navigation

Previous P703M in fuel subsidies released to qualified beneficiaries
Next Free MRT-3 rides from March 28 to April 30 amid rehab work completion — Duterte

Related Stories

Duterte allowed to skip first ICC hearing; status conference set for May 27
  • Global

Duterte allowed to skip first ICC hearing; status conference set for May 27

ICC disputes Duterte camp’s claim of ‘frequent falls’ in detention
  • Global

ICC disputes Duterte camp’s claim of ‘frequent falls’ in detention

ICC denies public arrest warrant vs Bato dela Rosa; confi process remains possible
  • Global

ICC denies public arrest warrant vs Bato dela Rosa; confi process remains possible

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Sat, 23 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.