Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Nation

Villar urged to withdraw from Senate bicam conference on 2026 budget

admin December 13, 2025

OUT of delicadeza, Las Piñas Rep. Mark Anthony Santos today called on Sen. Mark Villar to withdraw as a member of the Senate bicameral conference committee for the deliberation of the proposed 2026 national budget.

Santos emphasized that the request is intended to uphold the principles of transparency and impartiality in the budget deliberation process, following Villar’s implication in alleged irregularities linked to flood-control projects.

“This is a step to ensure that our legislative proceedings remain credible and free from any perceived conflict of interest. Public trust in the Senate and its bicameral conference must be maintained,” Rep. Santos said.

He added that the move is a voluntary act reflecting ethical responsibility and the tradition of delicadeza in public service, rather than a legal obligation.

Senator Villar, along with his younger sister, Senator Camille Villar, currently serve as members of the Senate bicam, chaired by Senator Win Gatchalian of the Finance Committee. Other members include Senators Pia Cayetano, JV Ejercito, Loren Legarda, Kiko Pangilinan, and Erwin Tulfo.

The bicam aims to complete deliberations early next week to give the President time to review and approve the final version of the 2026 General Appropriations Bill before yearend.

Last week, the Independent Commission for Infrastructure (ICI) endorsed to the Office of the Ombudsman the further investigation of alleged anomalies involving several lawmakers and former officials, including former Senator Ramon Revilla Jr.

The ICI referral also called for deeper scrutiny of Senators Mark Villar, Francis Escudero, former Senators Grace Poe and Nancy Binay, and Carlo Aguilar, citing sworn statements by former DPWH Undersecretary Roberto Bernardo.

ICI Chairman Justice Andres Reyes Jr. said potential charges under evaluation include direct or indirect bribery, corruption of public officials, plunder, and various administrative violations.

Villar’s relative implicated in alleged multi-billion-peso irregularities in flood-control projects has reportedly left the Philippines amid intensifying corruption claims.

Contractor Carlo Aguilar, a cousin of Villar, departed for Tokyo, Japan on November 19 — just five days after Bernardo testified before the Senate regarding the alleged commission scheme involving senior Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) officials.

Tags: mark villar

Post navigation

Previous Former DPWH engineer Alcantara expected to return additional P200M
Next Rep. Momo resigns from budget bicam amid plunder complaint

Related Stories

House OKs Kalinga Act, eyes faster response to fuel crises and inflation
  • Nation

House OKs Kalinga Act, eyes faster response to fuel crises and inflation

Malacañang declares ICC arrest warrant vs Dela Rosa valid after SC ruling
  • Nation

Malacañang declares ICC arrest warrant vs Dela Rosa valid after SC ruling

House approves anti-political dynasty bill on second reading
  • Nation

House approves anti-political dynasty bill on second reading

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Wed, 20 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.