Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Metro

Mail-order-bride promised to receive P500k upon arrival in China rescued

admin March 30, 2024

Courtesy: Pan de todos

THE Bureau of Immigration (BI) said its officers at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) have rescued another suspected victim of a mail-order bride syndicate victimizing Filipinas who are sent to China disguised as spouses of Chinese nationals.

In a report to Immigration Commissioner Norman Tansingco, the immigration protection and border enforcement section (I-PROBES) said the female passenger was intercepted at the NAIA terminal 3 last March 15 before she could board a China Southern Airlines flight to Guangzhou, China.

According to the I-PROBES, the victim, whose identity was withheld due to a prohibition in the anti-trafficking law, reportedly claimed that she was going to join her spouse in China to whom she is allegedly married.

She reportedly presented a marriage certificate as proof of the couple’s civil wedding which supposedly took place at the Pasig city hall last January.

“As per marriage certificate, the wedding was solemnized by a female preacher but in a wedding picture she presented that solemnizing officer appears to be a man,” said the I-PROBES in its report.

Due to the numerous inconsistencies pointed out to her, she admitted that the marriage was fake, and that it was arranged by a fixer who is in the business of recruiting Filipinas who are willing to become brides to Chinese nationals.

The victim also confessed that prior to the trip of her “husband” to the Philippines, the two had not yet met and neither have they entered into a long-distance relationship as lovers.

She further bared that she was promised by her recruiter she would receive half a million pesos upon her arrival in China in exchange for marrying her foreign spouse.

Tansingco had earlier warned Filipinas against falling prey to mail-order bride syndicates as they often end up working as domestic helpers and be subjected to unfair labor practices by their employer-spouse.

He stressed that the racket has already victimized Filipinas who were induced to the scheme due to promises of large sums of money which are not fulfilled when they arrive in their foreign destinations.

Tags: mail order bride

Post navigation

Previous Immigration discontinues stickers for e-gate users, to issue e-pass instead
Next Court convicts fictitious loan borrower of closed bank

Related Stories

NBI nabs 14 foreign nationals in 3 ops vs online scams, illegal gaming
  • Metro

NBI nabs 14 foreign nationals in 3 ops vs online scams, illegal gaming

PNP Chief: 44 shells traced to 4 guns; no fire originated outside Senate
  • Metro

PNP Chief: 44 shells traced to 4 guns; no fire originated outside Senate

Court grants NBI access to Mabanta’s gadgets in alleged extortion case
  • Metro

Court grants NBI access to Mabanta’s gadgets in alleged extortion case

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Wed, 20 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.