Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Regions

DA allots P400M for agri rehab in Central Visayas

admin December 21, 2021

THE Department of Agriculture (DA) has an available fund of more than P400 million that could be released to enhance the rehabilitation and recovery of the agriculture sector in Central Visayas, Agriculture Secretary William Dar assured President Rodrigo Roa Duterte.

“Ang Kagawaran ng Pagsasaka, Mr. President, ay mayroon kaming allocation na nakahanda na ito,” Dar said during President Duterte’s meeting with Cebu local leaders in Argao, Cebu.

“At any time, this will be given para maka-recover na, makapagtanim na agad ang mga apektadong mga farmers.”

DA has a total allocation of P445.1 million for Central Visayas region that could be disbursed immediately, according to the agriculture secretary.

Bohol has an allocation of P104.8 million; Siquijor, P10 million; and Negros Oriental, P30 million, Dar told the President.

Cebu province has P300.3 million intended for rice and corn. The Quick Response Fund (QRF) will be spent for commodities needed by the province, he added.

Meanwhile, the Department of Energy (DOE) is working double time to restore energy in Cebu province, Energy Secretary Alfonso Cusi told President Duterte.

“The restoration is slow because we have a problem with the transmission. We don’t have a problem with the generation of the power plants,” Cusi said.

“Our problem really is how to transmit energy to the distribution utilities and our distribution lines.”

According to the energy chief, Manila Electric Co. (Meralco) will send more than 150 personnel including their equipment like boom trucks to help Cebu restore its power supply.

Cusi reported that so far, electricity supply was restored in some areas in Cebu City. Among those energized were hospitals, water utilities, government offices, and some businesses.

“So we’re working double time and hopefully before Christmas next week, we can restore the power supply in many areas,” he said.

Post navigation

Previous 3rd Omicron variant case detected in PH
Next Laging Handa Communication Center established in typhoon-hit Siargao

Related Stories

CICC files complaint vs Isabela vice mayor for inciting sedition and rebellion
  • Regions

CICC files complaint vs Isabela vice mayor for inciting sedition and rebellion

Radio commentator shot dead in BARMM
  • Regions

Radio commentator shot dead in BARMM

PAF trainer plane crashes in Benguet; 2 airmen hurt
  • Regions

PAF trainer plane crashes in Benguet; 2 airmen hurt

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Sat, 23 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.