Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Regions

Calabarzon reports 315 persons arrested for gun ban violations

admin November 2, 2023

POLICE Regional Office-4A (PRO-4A) said in a report that at least 315 persons had been arrested in Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon (Calabarzon) for violating the gun ban and carrying deadly weapons, which are offenses during the recently concluded barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections (BSKE).

The arrested persons, logged from Aug. 28 to Nov. 1, faced with violating the Omnibus Election Code that prohibits the unauthorized carrying or transporting of firearms and deadly weapons outside residences, businesses, and public places.

The ban on firearms and deadly weapons, which started on Aug. 28, will remain in effect until Nov. 29.

The law enforcers confiscated 219 assorted firearms and 17 “gun replicas” during the period.

The police reported that 1,620 bladed weapons and contraband were also confiscated, 18 firearms were surrendered and 233 documented firearms had been deposited by their owners for safekeeping by local police stations.

During the same period, the police, Army soldiers, and Commission on Elections personnel put up 29,291 checkpoints in strategic areas across the region.

Meanwhile, the Police Regional Office 4A (PRO-4A) recorded only one election-related killing during the BSKE – the slaying on Sept. 5 of Erasmo Hernandez, 59, the chief of Barangay Poblacion Zone 10 in Taal, Batangas.

Hernandez, who was seeking reelection, was standing in front of the barangay office when two unidentified armed men arrived aboard a motorcycle and repeatedly shot him.

He died while undergoing treatment. Two suspects behind the killing were arrested the next day.

Brigadier General Paul Kenneth Lucas, PRO-4A director, described the BSKE in the region as peaceful and orderly. “The dedication and tireless efforts of the members of the police force, other government agencies together with the support of the community, have contributed to a generally peaceful electoral process, allowing voters to exercise their democratic rights without major disruptions,” Lucas said.

Tags: calabarzon

Post navigation

Previous Dalipe: High OCTA poll ratings for Romualdez affirms effective leadership
Next Undas 2023: Tambak ng basura hinakot sa North, South cemetery

Related Stories

CICC files complaint vs Isabela vice mayor for inciting sedition and rebellion
  • Regions

CICC files complaint vs Isabela vice mayor for inciting sedition and rebellion

Radio commentator shot dead in BARMM
  • Regions

Radio commentator shot dead in BARMM

PAF trainer plane crashes in Benguet; 2 airmen hurt
  • Regions

PAF trainer plane crashes in Benguet; 2 airmen hurt

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Sun, 24 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.