Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • OFW

56 more Pinoys leave Gaza amid Israel-Hamas war

admin November 10, 2023

PRESIDENT Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. expressed elation on Friday after receiving reports that 56 more Filipinos have left Gaza to join 42 others who previously crossed the Rafah Crossing for Egypt.

“Happy to hear the update that 56 more Filipinos have left Gaza amid the Israel-Hamas conflict, joining the 42 who had previously crossed. This brings the total to 98 out of the 137 originally in Gaza, now en route to Cairo,” President Marcos said in his posting on X, formerly Twitter.

In another social media posting, Marcos said 34 of these Filipinos have boarded their flight to Qatar and will arrive today at 4:30 p.m.

“The safe journey of our nationals is of utmost importance, and we look forward to welcoming them home,” the President said.

On Wednesday, the President extended his gratitude to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and the embassies of Israel, Jordan and Egypt for the safe passage of 40 more Filipinos from the Gaza strip through the Rafah crossing in Egypt.

In a video message, the President the successful passage of the 40 more Filipinos was made possible through the coordination of the DFA with the embassies in Israel, Jordan and Egypt.

Marcos is hopeful that the remaining Filipinos waiting for signal to exit the Rafah border would be able to cross with their families as he assured to provide more updates regarding the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict.

Israel declared war against Hamas militant group that rules Gaza following its October 7 rampage in southern Israel that killed more than 1,400 people. 

Tags: hamas

Post navigation

Previous Gordon Ramsay to open first ever restaurant in PH
Next Tingog Partylist brings aid to flood victims in Davao City

Related Stories

38 Pinoy crew of MV Hondius to undergo 6-week quarantine in Netherlands
  • OFW

38 Pinoy crew of MV Hondius to undergo 6-week quarantine in Netherlands

7 Filipino seafarers hurt in drone attack on ship in Strait of Hormuz — DMW
  • OFW

7 Filipino seafarers hurt in drone attack on ship in Strait of Hormuz — DMW

2 OFWs killed in Lebanon shooting; employer arrested
  • OFW

2 OFWs killed in Lebanon shooting; employer arrested

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Sun, 24 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.