Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Nation

PCUP’s Jordan push for more livelihood programs for urban poor in 2023

admin December 24, 2022

The ceremonial pay-out of start-up funds to beneficiaries of the Marcos administration’s Sustainable Livelihood Program held at Barangay Opao in Mandaue City, Cebu

PRESIDENTIAL Commission for the Urban Poor (PCUP) chairperson Undersecretary Elpidio Jordan Jr. underscored the importance of giving opportunities to the urban poor that would empower them to gain capabilities for viable livelihood such as the more than ₱6.4 million allotted to some 429 beneficiaries of the Marcos administration’s sustainable livelihood program.

Usec. Jordan stressed that government should not only focus on providing much needed services to the country’s marginalized and underprivileged sectors but must target livelihood programs for the poor through constant work and coordination with other government entities that promotes the welfare and interests of every Filipino household.

“This is the surest way for us to support and be successful in our beloved President Ferdinand ‘Bongbong’ Romualdez Marcos Jr.’s efforts to alleviate the suffering of our poor countrymen,” he pointed out.

Last month, 16 Sustainable Livelihood Program (SLP) Associations (SLPAs) representing the more than 400 program beneficiaries received a total of ₱6.435 million from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) as seed capital for their chosen enterprises.

According to PCUP Visayas area coordinator Julito Layon, the beneficiaries went through a meticulous process by the DSWD which they had to pass and qualify based on criteria set by the agency in order to receive their startup funds.

The ceremonial pay-out to the recipients conbducted at the Barangay Opao Gym in Mandaue City, Cebu was graced by DSWD-7 regional director Shalaine Marie Lucero as well as Mandaue City lone district representative Emmarie ‘Lolypop’ Ouano-Dizon, city councilor Nerissa Soon-Ruiz and other government officials.

Post navigation

Previous Some carabaos in Cagayan infected with anthrax — DA
Next BI in full force following surge of passengers

Related Stories

NBI says helping Bato evade arrest may lead to criminal charges
  • Nation

NBI says helping Bato evade arrest may lead to criminal charges

NBI says dragnet tightens around Bato, warns law ‘will catch up’
  • Nation

NBI says dragnet tightens around Bato, warns law ‘will catch up’

Marcoleta faces recommended plunder, bribery charges over ₱75M donations
  • Nation

Marcoleta faces recommended plunder, bribery charges over ₱75M donations

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Sat, 23 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.