Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Metro

No reported threat to Black Nazarene feast so far — PNP

admin December 30, 2023

THERE has no reported threat to the Black Nazarene feast but security preparations and intensified monitoring continues, said the Philippine National Police (PNP).

The feast of the Black Nazarene is held every year on Jan. 9. It is one of the country’s biggest Catholic events, drawing millions of devotees and visitors. The icon, which will again be the center of an hours-long procession or Traslacion, is housed at the Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene, or Quiapo church.

PNP spokesperson and information chief Col. Jean Fajardo said that the police had not monitored any serious threat to the Traslacion.

Fajardo said that the Manila Police District led by Director Col. Arnold Thomas Ibay conducted simulation exercises.

The Traslacion will start at the Quirino Grandstand in Rizal Park. The procession will turn left to Katigbak Street; pass through Padre Burgos Street; and along Finance Road, and Palanca, Arlegui, Fraternal, Vergara, Duque de Alba, Castillejos, Farnecio, Nepomuceno, Concepcion Aguila, Carcer, Hidalgo, Bilibid Viejo, Gil Puyat, and J.P De Guzman Streets; under the Quezon Bridge; and Villalobos Street en route to Plaza Miranda right outside the church.

The Traslacion will return to its old format since it was suspended from 2021 to 2023 because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

In 2020, the procession that lasted 16 hours had about three million participants.

Tags: traslacion

Post navigation

Previous Mental health programs in schools get P210M under 2024 budget
Next PCSO: No winner for Grand Lotto 6/55 jackpot worth P574M

Related Stories

NBI nabs 14 foreign nationals in 3 ops vs online scams, illegal gaming
  • Metro

NBI nabs 14 foreign nationals in 3 ops vs online scams, illegal gaming

PNP Chief: 44 shells traced to 4 guns; no fire originated outside Senate
  • Metro

PNP Chief: 44 shells traced to 4 guns; no fire originated outside Senate

Court grants NBI access to Mabanta’s gadgets in alleged extortion case
  • Metro

Court grants NBI access to Mabanta’s gadgets in alleged extortion case

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Wed, 20 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.