Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Metro

2 Koreans wanted for telco fraud arrested in Pasay

admin April 7, 2022

THE Bureau of Immigration (BI) announced the arrest of two South Korean fugitives wanted by authorities in their country for involvement in telecommunications fraud.

In a statement, BI Commissioner Jaime Morente identified the two aliens as Han Sangkyung and Jo Sunglae, both 35 years old, who were arrested on Sunday in Pasay City by operatives from the Bureau’s Fugitive Search Unit (FSU).

Morente said Han will be soon be sent back to South Korea as an order for his deportation was already issued by the BI in 2017, while Jo has yet to undergo deportation proceedings before the BI Legal Division.

“The two of them will be expelled, blacklisted and banned from re-entering the country for being undesirable aliens,” Morente said.

BI-FSU Acting Chief Rendel Ryan Sy disclosed Han and Jo are also subjects of red notices from the Interpol due to arrest warrants that issued against them by the courts in Korea.

Sy added that Han had been hiding in the country for more than six years or since February 2016 while Jo hid here for almost five years as never departed since he arrived in July 2017.

Information obtained from the Interpol’s National Central Bureau (NCB) in Manila revealed that Han is wanted for allegedly heading a telecom fraud syndicate that preyed on his compatriots whose combined losses amounted to over 80 million Korean won, or roughly US$66,000.

Authorities charged that the suspects made calls to victims who were duped into transferring their money to the syndicate’s fake bank account.

On the other hand, Jo was also tagged as a member of another voice phishing syndicate which allegedly defrauded its victims of more than 52.5 million won or about US$43,200.

The Koreans, whose passports were already revoked by their government, are currently detained at the BI Warden Facility in Camp Bagong Diwa, Taguig City.

Tags: BI koreans telco telco fraud

Post navigation

Previous 3.13M Pinoy walang trabaho
Next More than 300k teachers to receive higher honoraria, perks in May elections

Related Stories

PNP Chief: 44 shells traced to 4 guns; no fire originated outside Senate
  • Metro

PNP Chief: 44 shells traced to 4 guns; no fire originated outside Senate

Court grants NBI access to Mabanta’s gadgets in alleged extortion case
  • Metro

Court grants NBI access to Mabanta’s gadgets in alleged extortion case

NBI driver charged over Senate shooting; tests positive for gunpowder residue
  • Metro

NBI driver charged over Senate shooting; tests positive for gunpowder residue

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Wed, 20 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.