Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Global

Another Pinoy fatality in Maui wildfires identified

admin August 25, 2023

ANOTHER Filipino fatality in the destructive wildfires that broke out on the island of Maui, Hawaii has been identified by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Friday.

Foreign Affairs spokesperson Ma. Teresita Daza identified the latest casualty as Salvador Coloma, a 77-year-old Filipino citizen in Maui.

“The Consulate has reached out to a relative of Mr. Coloma to extend its profound condolences and to offer support and assistance,” she said.

“So far, there are three confirmed Filipino casualties of the wildfires in Maui: Alfredo Galinato, Rodolfo Racunan, Salvador Coloma,” she added.

The Philippine Consulate General in Honolulu is currently verifying the nationality of other reported casualties.

The consulate’s records yielded negative results for Conchita Sagudang, 75, and Danilo Sagudang, 55, but Daza said information online points that they are from Abra province.

Online information likewise indicates Antonia Molina, 64, and Carlo Tobias, 54, have relatives in the Philippines. However, the consulate’s records also yielded negative results.

Meanwhile, Daza urged the relatives of affected Filipinos to contact the consulate at its hotline number +1808 253-9446 to allow the foreign service post to verify its records of reported Filipino casualties or other distressed Filipinos, and to provide assistance as required.

“Once again, the Philippine Government extends its deepest sympathies to the families of all the victims of the wildfires and will continue to provide assistance to the next of kin of Filipino nationals affected by this tragedy,” she said.

A series of wildfires burned thousands of acres since it struck Maui, hitting the coastal town of Lahaina hard and leaving at least 115 dead and over a thousand more missing. 

Tags: maui

Post navigation

Previous Repatriated Pinoy victims forced to live in jungle by traffickers
Next Rep. Lee urges DOTr-LTO to extend validity of driver’s licenses affected by TRO

Related Stories

Duterte allowed to skip first ICC hearing; status conference set for May 27
  • Global

Duterte allowed to skip first ICC hearing; status conference set for May 27

ICC disputes Duterte camp’s claim of ‘frequent falls’ in detention
  • Global

ICC disputes Duterte camp’s claim of ‘frequent falls’ in detention

ICC denies public arrest warrant vs Bato dela Rosa; confi process remains possible
  • Global

ICC denies public arrest warrant vs Bato dela Rosa; confi process remains possible

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Mon, 25 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.