Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Business

PH energy security, jobs to benefit from $200M investment

admin October 8, 2025

PRESIDENT Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Wednesday said the eight newly signed Petroleum Service Contracts (PSCs) will contribute to the country’s energy security, wealth creation and employment generation.

“Unlocking over 200 million dollars in investments, these service contracts represent our continued efforts to attain greater energy security, and therefore, economic stability, and self-reliance,” President Marcos said during the formal presentation ceremony held in Malacañan Palace.

“Through these service contracts that will pave the way for explorations in Palawan, Sulu, Cagayan, Cebu, and Central Luzon, we open new opportunities for our energy sector.That is why today’s presentation of eight service contracts is a deliberate step towards securing our energy future,” the President added.

The Chief Executive said the government remains fully committed to lowering the country’s dependence on imported oil.

In 2024, the President said the country imported around 340,600 barrels of liquid fuel, representing approximately 99.68 percent of the Philippines’ entire petroleum supply.

Also last year, 46.15 percent of the country’s natural gas requirement was imported, while 53.85 percent came from the Malampaya gas field off Palawan.

“These numbers attest to our reliance on imported fuel, making us vulnerable to forces beyond our control. At ‘pag nagtaas ang presyo ng gasolina o krudo sa pandaigdigang merkado, ang mga ordinaryong Pilipino ang nahihirapan,” President Marcos said.

Through the newly awarded PSCs, the government authorized exploring offshore oil and gas reserves in the vast waters of Palawan and the Sulu Sea, as well as known petroleum resource potential in the provinces of Cagayan and Cebu, the President said.

Even more remarkable, the President pointed out, these are the very first service contracts for the exploration of native hydrogen gas in the country.

“In Central Luzon, we are charting new ground. We are venturing into the exploration of hydrogen—a clean, zero-carbon source of energy that holds immense promise for our country and for the world,” President Marcos stated. This signals our readiness to lead in sustainable innovation.”

Tags: energy security

Post navigation

Previous Imports finally take court as ITCs fully activated — PNVF
Next Higher performance bonus approved for teachers — Palace

Related Stories

More fuel price hikes expected next week amid Middle East tensions
  • Business

More fuel price hikes expected next week amid Middle East tensions

PBBM brings new blood to Cabinet with De Leon appointment — Khonghun
  • Business

PBBM brings new blood to Cabinet with De Leon appointment — Khonghun

Rotational brownouts set in Luzon; grid on red alert — Meralco
  • Business

Rotational brownouts set in Luzon; grid on red alert — Meralco

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Sat, 23 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.