Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Regions

Canadian in P9.6B shabu haul arrested in Tagaytay spa

Metrosundaily May 21, 2024

A CANADIAN suspect in P9.6 billion shabu haul in Alitagtag, Batangas was arrested in a spa in Tagaytay by police, said the the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).

Thomas Gordon O’Quinn was presented to media by Interior Secretary Benhur Abalos and Philippine National Police chief Gen. Rommel Francisco Marbil.

Abalos underscored the significant role of O’Quinn in the drug smuggling operation.

“He is one of the major characters in this case. He is a major player,” Abalos said, adding that authorities have “solid evidence linking O’Quinn to the illegal drug trade.”

O’Quinn, also known as James Toby Martin, was apprehended by intelligence operatives of the National Capital Region Police Office, Calabarzon police and Bureau of Immigration at a spa in Barangay Maitim II, Tagaytay on May 16.

The suspect was nabbed based on a red notice alert from the International Criminal Police Organization or Interpol for conspiracy to possess, export and distribute illegal drugs in the United States.

During O’Quinn’s arrest, police said the suspect allegedly yielded an undetermined amount of shabu, cocaine and Ecstasy tablets.

Authorities also recovered from the suspect 14 identification cards with his photos under different names, seven cell phones, a computer tablet, 14 SIM cards and P3,600 in cash.

“This is under investigation. So we will provide only essential information to ensure that the case is airtight,” Marbil said.

He said police are digging deeper into the case to unmask those behind the shabu shipment and dismantle the drug ring members.

Abalos commended the performance of the PNP in the war on drugs, saying that nearly P13 billion worth of drugs were intercepted from Jan. 1 to May 19.

O’Quinn previously eluded arrest during a raid on a house he rented in Barangay Natipuan, Nasugbu, Batangas last month.

metrosundaily
Tags: tagyatay spa

Post navigation

Previous Chinese cooperation in wiretapping probe doubted: Pagputi ng uwak – Rep. Ortega
Next Bato urged to issue public apology to Marcos for PDEA leaks probe hullabaloo

Related Stories

.357 revolver found in student’s bag during surprise inspection in Cebu
  • Regions

.357 revolver found in student’s bag during surprise inspection in Cebu

Three children drown in Calapan City coastal tragedy
  • Regions

Three children drown in Calapan City coastal tragedy

Mother, two children found dead in San Rafael, Bulacan
  • Regions

Mother, two children found dead in San Rafael, Bulacan

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Fri, 21 Aug.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. Obet on House prosec Ridon brings maleta with mangoes, wigs: Not all luggage contains cash
  2. Obet on Tulfo threatens arrest vs senators holding unauthorized Blue Ribbon hearings

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Facebook
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.