Skip to content
Metro Sun Daily

Metro Sun Daily

REAL NEWS * REAL TIME

  • Home
  • Nation
  • Metro
  • Regions
  • Global
  • Feature
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
  • Business
  • Sports
  • OFW
  • VP Sara Impeachment
  • Regions

Casualties to M6.8 quake in Mindanao now at 9 — NDRRMC

admin November 20, 2023

THE total number of casualties of the magnitude 6.8 quake that hit the Mindanao on November 17 rises to nine, said the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) on Monday.

Speaking to CNN Philippines’ The Source, NDRRMC spokesperson Edgar Posadas said all nine fatalities are still for validation. Most of the reported deaths are in Saragani (5), followed by South Cotabato (3), and Davao Occidental (1).

So far, 15 injuries were reported, 11 of them from Soccsksargen, while no one was missing.

The latest NDRRMC situation report said 12,885 individuals, or 2,489 families in 43 barangays were affected by the quake. The areas of concern are Davao Occidental, South Cotabato, and Sarangani where the effects of the earthquake were most felt.

It also said all bridges are already passable, but three roads in Soccsksargen are currently being cleared. Power supply has been restored in all 21 cities/municipalities that earlier lost their connection, the report also said.

Posadas said 826 houses were damaged in Davao Occidental, Davao Oriental, South Cotabato, and Sarangani. The number of damaged infrastructure, meanwhile, has reached 118 which are in Davao City, Davao Occidental, Davao del Sur, Davao del Norte, Davao de Oro, South Cotabato, and Sarangani.

There are still no estimates on the cost of damage for both infrastructure and agriculture.

No area has declared a state of calamity yet based on the NDRRMC report, but Soccsksargen was placed under red alert status. This means that all disaster officials in the region must report to their headquarters 24/7.

More than ₱11 million worth of assistance has been provided to residents affected by the quake, which includes food packs, family kits, food items, and financial assistance, the agency added.

Tags: mindanao quake

Post navigation

Previous Libreng sakay ng QC gov’t walang patid sa gitna ng transport strike
Next PH will continue to be responsible neighbor in Indo-Pacific Region

Related Stories

PAF trainer plane crashes in Benguet; 2 airmen hurt
  • Regions

PAF trainer plane crashes in Benguet; 2 airmen hurt

Authorities uncover illegal operations involving undocumented foreigners in CDO
  • Regions

Authorities uncover illegal operations involving undocumented foreigners in CDO

Marcos leads inauguration, groundbreaking of new specialty centers in Cagayan Valley
  • Regions

Marcos leads inauguration, groundbreaking of new specialty centers in Cagayan Valley

ODDNEWS

  • Man arrested for faking lotto ticket to claim ₱172M jackpot
  • General in Hot Water: Napolcom cites P70k shoes as grounds for charges
  • Christmas Tragedy: Italian man chokes to death on panettone during family reunion
  • Japanese Woman Weds AI: The future of relationships?
  • A Single Dad’s Desperate Act: Police Chief’s Kindness Saves the Day
  • Security guard returns lost P1.5M bracelet

Source: USD/PHP @ Thu, 21 May.

Weather

Manila
Current weather
-º
Sunrise-
Sunset-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
-
-
Forecast
Rain chance-
Manila weather

Latest Comments

  1. 스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day
  2. 실시간스포츠중계 on Wage hikes effective in Northern Mindanao, Caraga this Labor Day

  • Front Page
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Donation
  • Privacy Policy
  • Contact
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
©2026 MetroSunDaily. All rights reserved. | DarkNews by AF themes.